Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lazymaneosis

Jason's condition has not changed much for a while. He is tired and sleeps a lot.
We've discussed about our concerns at our weekly doctor's visit, but the doctor has not been too worried. His blood work is great, no other symptoms. From doctor's view, Jason is still doing great.

Well, from my point of view... I don't think he is doing too well. The first couple of weeks since he started to feel exhausted, I felt bad. I was worried that something bad was happening. I was making sure he was taking his temperature daily (twice), eating well, sleeping good, no chores, etc. No matter what he ate, how much he slept, he was tired and grumpy.

After a few weeks of this, I finally figured out his problem... "Lazymaneosis" (in Japanese ぐうたら病)。You must think I am the meanest wife ever. Her husband just had a bone marrow transplant 4 months ago, and calling him lazy!

I told Jason " I wonder if you are having 'Lazymaneosis'", and he started to laugh, and he thought I may be right (I'm always right!). Since then, he has been trying a little harder. He is down to one nap a day. He does a little thing every day; goes for a walk or takes Tommy to preschool or goes lunch with me. Just these little things exhaust him, but I think it's helping him-he is in better mood.

Lazymaneosis is in treatment, but his fatigue & physical weakness continue. The doctor encourage him to continue daily exercises (walk, yoga, etc) so he can get his strength back. He is in the right track to be "normal" in the near future.

Thanks for your prayers and kind words.

Love,
Mayumi

3 comments:

  1. i think I have that too!! Even thought i have not had a BMT just been on gleevec for almost 7 years....I know that it takes time ..hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... a lot of people says they have lazymaneosis. I think I have it too. I hope your treatment with gleevec will continue to work for you.

    Thanks Karrie for reading!
    Love,
    Mayumi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mayumi, he may get this from the Springer side of the family, because I've definitely got it, too.

    ReplyDelete