Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First Sign

Back in June of 2009 my father-in-law was in town to spend time with the boys and work in my yard. (Yes, he is the best father-in-law on the planet!) We had decided to do a road trip. My wife has some relatives/friends in Alberta Canada who have a potato farm. We thought it would be fun to take a vacation up to Canada while my father-in-law was in town to see the farm and visit with family. So, we packed up the kids, loaded up the car with more crap than we could possibility ever use in a week, and headed out. I must admit, my wife planed this trip perfectly! She had everything set to make sure that no one was bored and the kids didn’t have to spend too much time in the car. We had planned on splitting up the trip into three days. When we finally got to Canada I started to notice a weird lump on the lower part of my left leg. I also started to notice that I was having head sweats during the night. Not thinking much of it, we spent a wonderful time in Alberta and started to head home. On the last day of our trip, the pain in my leg was starting to get worse. Now I had two lumps in my lower leg and a big bruise on my hip. Knowing this wasn’t normal ( I know, what a surprise for me thinking outside the box) I decided to go to the Dr. office the day we got home. Dr. Eberhard checked me out and concluded I had a superficial blood clot. He just figure It must had been from all the driving we did, and sitting in a strange position for a long period of time. I also started to notice some weight loss. When I got a the scale at the Doctors office, I noticed I had loss some weight on the trip. Kind of surprised sense all I did for the last 10 days was eat tons of sweets and ate out every day. But none the less just chalked it up as….”cool” and Not knowing this was the first few signs of something really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment