Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chemo - Day 1 and 2


Well, after 3 weeks of test, blood work, and prep classes, I entered University of Washington Hospital on September 29th. The original plan was to start the Chemo as an out patient, but after considering all the things we had to do, we decided to do everything in the hospital. I'm so glad we did. This is much easier on me and Mayumi who would have had to help me with the medicine every 6 hours for 3 days and go to SCCA with me all day for blood work. The first to 2 days of Chemo have been good. I feel the same as I did before I came. The type of Chemo I'm taking is called Busulfan. The only way they produce this type of oral Chemo is in small 2 mg pills and my dose every 6 hours is 100 mg. Instead of taking 50 small pills at once, they put 5 pills together in one capsule. So I'm taking 10 capsules all at the same time. This will go on until Monday Oct 3. On the 4th, I will start a new type of Chemo called Cytoxan. The will be done by an IV and will go directly into what they call a Hickman line that they put into my chest last week. From this line, they can also draw blood, give me medicine etc.

Thanks again for our Ward Family, Neighbors, and Friends who have helped out over the
last few weeks. We couldn't have done this without you!


From here on out, Mayumi and I will try to start posting daily



-Jason






No comments:

Post a Comment