Saturday, October 22, 2011

Home sweet home-Day 13

He is home. It's only day 13!! Doctors and nurses are amazed by his quick recovery. His blood counts are still low, but good enough to come home. He is happy to be home.

He house is filled with medical supplies and equipments. I am overwhelmed with everything. It feels like... when your fist baby was born few weeks earlier than the due date, and baby came home for the first time from the hospital... don't know how to change diapers, how to feed, what to do when it cried, etc. Luckily, I don't have to change Jason's diapers, but I have to take care of his Hickman line, put IV fluids daily, feed him with safe nutritious foods, and more.

Doctor said he will still have ups and downs. He still has a good chance (50% or more) of developing GVHD in next few month. It scares me, but I hope we can get through this.

Thanks for your support & prayers.

Love,
Mayumi

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated, I am thrilled that you are doing so well and I am so happy that you are home!!! Keep up the good work!!!
    Karrie
    (Greg and Kristi's cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear he is home. Hope he is doing well and you too Mayumi. I bet the kids are glad to have him around more.

    ReplyDelete