Thursday, October 20, 2011

Good day is coming!

So, we had hard weekend and a few days... Mentally ,emotionally & physically Jason had his hardest time ever in his life. I'd never seen him like that before. Morphine was a bad medicine for Jason. He changed to different type of pain medication on Tuesday afternoon. It worked really good. His pain was well under control, and his mind was back to normal by Wednesday.

Magically, his mouth sores almost disappeared, too. It was because his blood counts started to come back, the sign of engulfment was starting to take over well. Mouth sore were almost gone, pain was well managed, he started to sleep, and he was still eating.

Doctors and nurses were VERY pleased with his progress. They told us yesterday that he might be able to leave the hospital within 10 days. Great!!! It would be a little bit earlier than I thought, but that means Jason is doing really good.

Jason called me this afternoon and told me that a doctor wanted to talk to me when I got to the hospital. Jason told me it would be about his discharge date. I thought it might have pushed off a few days, I hoped nothing serious was going on.

PA Kathrine came into Jason's room and said " Jason is doing really well. We think he might be able to go home tomorrow. What do you think?" My reaction was... "TOMORROW?! ", and I was screaming in my mind "I'm not ready for him!". It was not like I was not happy he was coming home, but I would not know what to do!!! The whole house has to be disinfected, I need to learn how to flush the Hickman line, learn about his med & IV, check his vitals... Can I take care of him by myself?!

Jason was super excited about the news. He has been trapped in the room since he started to have a cold (have I mentioned it before?). No more beeping IV machine, nurse coming in a middle of night, and hospital foods. He is ready to be with his family. He was kind enough to understand my panic, and even tried to talk her out of it. But Jason looked so happy, I could not tell the doctor "No! He can't come home yet".

Well, we will hear what will happen tomorrow. I cleaned the house...at least he has a clean & disinfected bedroom & bathroom.

Well, we will know tomorrow morning if he can come home or not.
Wish us luck!

Love,
Mayumi

2 comments:

  1. That is exciting news! I hope all continues to go well. Sending lots of prayers and good vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am disgusted to hear you don't like staying in a hospital, I live in them also, in fact i'm at one right now! Seriously though, Jason you continue to amaze me. Your a stud, keep it up.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete